Marriott Harrison’s Real Estate Team provides high quality partner-led services. We are ranked in the 2020 edition of the Legal 500 UK for both corporate occupiers and retail and this edition states:
- “As a team Marriott Harrison are very approachable and focused on achieving practical solutions for their clients”
- We have “a positive, can-do attitude backed up by robust and intelligent advice. In any given matter advice is forensically researched and delivered at lightning speed”
- “They always get the job done and never give up if things get tricky”
- “Responsive, pragmatic, commercial, detailed legal knowledge, top of game, proportionate fees”
- “High levels of emotional intelligence with pragmatic and sensible advice all with added pride in a job well done.”
- Acting both for landlords and tenants, we have a strong flow of commercial lease work, especially in the professional services, technology, media, leisure, retail and hotel sectors. We often work on tenant HQ relocations.
- Linked to this are asset management matters and the occasional dispute including a transaction where the serious threat of court proceedings resulted in the landlord eventually granting consent to an assignment of our client’s lease.
- We continue to act for British Land, Thakeham Homes, the Burney Group of companies and others on their development (both residential and commercial) of brownfield and greenfield sites.
- Our banking clients are actively lending on UK property providing both development and investment funding. We recently acted for a borrower on the refinancing of a retail park in Hampshire.
- We recently acted on the sale of a high value business park in North London working alongside our corporate finance team which involved settling borrower banking swaps in addition to the core property work.
- We have acted on numerous investment purchases in the last 12 months including a single let office building for £28M.
- We provide construction advice to our clients and specifically have advised on the redevelopment of large office buildings in London and Bristol.
- Planning advice has supplemented our development work as well as for corporate occupiers and on investment purchases.
- Mark Lavers, Guy Hitchin and Nick Smith are all recommended in the Legal 500 UK 2020