Marriott Harrison’s Real Estate team provides high quality partner-led services.
We are ranked in the 2021 edition of the Legal 500 for corporate occupiers and this edition notes the team also has “notable expertise with regards to retail assets and also undertake a wealth of development and investment related instructions” and is “professional, offers excellent communication and they make all obscure legal terms easy and straightforward to understand”.
Our work covers all areas of commercial Real Estate. Alongside buying, selling, lending, developing and leasing we advise on construction and planning as well as property disputes.
Our clients include both listed and private property companies, investors, developers, funders, owner occupiers and tenants. Several of our clients are headquartered overseas.
Sectors in which we are particularly active include tech, media, professional services, retail and hospitality & leisure.
In the current climate we are working closely with our Business Restructuring team. Covid-19 has caused many companies considerable financial difficulties and we are dealing with the fall out of this, in particular serving break notices and acting on Lease re-gears. This market does though present opportunities which a number of our clients are seizing and, with many of the transactions being subject to “time of the essence“ pressures, more than ever, our experience helps us deliver prompt and practical advice to meet and often exceed these client demands.
- We act for British Land providing development and planning advice on a development site WITH several complex environmental and planning issues relating to the site.
- We are on Investec’s panel and act for them in connection with secured loans they make across a wide range of properties including multi million pound central London investments. Often the Borrower is an overseas company which requires us to engage with lawyers from many different jurisdictions.
- We act for an overseas investor who has purchased 2 institutional office buildings having a significant value and has a third central London property where we have carried out the lettings. Other clients have purchased equivalent high yielding investments and for these we also carry out the legal aspect of the property management of these assets. We act on disposals as well, whether of vacant, single or multi-let properties.
- Every year we act for a substantial number of Tenants on Leases across a wide range of industries and sectors. For example, a recent office letting was for Wardour Communications which was carried out to a tight timescale during lockdown.
- We acted for Snow Peak on their flagship retail store in St James’s Market, with the associated licences from the Landlord for their fit out and a review of the construction documents/ warranties the Landlord provided following its comprehensive redevelopment of this section of St James’s Market.
- We act for several private property companies on diverse portfolios including hotels, leisure parks, retail parks and office blocks and deal with the leases of these assets for our Landlord clients.
- Particularly in this market we are working with colleagues in our Business Restructuring team. Properties we have been involved in include a caravan park with development potential, ultra high end central London residential properties as well as large residential developments and a business park.