We have extensive experience of complex and high value disputes at all levels before the English courts as well as dealing with multi-jurisdictional disputes.
- Representing Kazakhstan Kagazy JSC in defending proceedings brought by a major litigation funder regarding the parties’ respective entitlements under an investment agreement to the proceeds of a US $300m judgment obtained by Kazakhstan Kagazy.
- Representing an international mining company and two of its directors in a 10-day trial in the Chancery Division of the High Court in a fraudulent misrepresentation claim brought by an investor.
- Representing a broadcast services company and its director in a multi-million pound claim for loans and personal guarantees in proceedings in the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court involving a summary judgment application and an appeal.
- Representing minority and majority shareholders in various high value claims for unfair prejudice under Section 994 of the Companies Act 2006 including in petitions claiming respectively diversion of business assets and opportunities to competitors, unlawful treatment of an outgoing shareholder as a Bad Leaver under the terms of the Articles and alleged unfairly prejudicial non-payment of dividends.
- Representing a petitioning minority shareholder in a petition for a just and equitable winding up of a company worth many millions of pounds pursuant to section 122(1)(g) of the Companies Act 2006.