M & A
Mergers and Acquisitions is at the heart of what we do. Marriott Harrison LLP is consistently ranked highly by Chambers and Legal 500 for M&A.
The Corporate team acts for owner-managers, trade buyers and sellers and financial institutions across a broad range of industry sectors in both domestic and cross-border transactions, which enables us to provide balanced advice. Our lawyers provide commercial experience and pragmatic advice, which is key to any successful outcome. We pride ourselves on identifying problems and solving them.
The team is ranked by Legal 500 in the top tier for M&A deals up to £50 million. It frequently acts on larger transactions.
Great balance of innovative leadership and attention to detail.
- Sale of Coleridge & Murphy (C&M) Limited (trading as The Watch Gallery – a high end watch retailer) to the Bucherer Group
- Acted for ASO, owner of the Tour de France on the acquisition of Human Race Group Limited, a mass participation sporting events company
- Acted for Nasstar Plc on its acquisition of Modrus Limited and related placing of shares. Modrus Limited is a UK based provider of hosted managed services in the media, property services and financial services and independent software provider sectors
- Acted for International Schools Partnership on its acquisition of Marlborough Group Limited, a BVI company which owns Park House English School in Qatar
- Acted for MARC Limited on its acquisition of Dailyrare Limited which owns The Square, a two Michelin Star restaurant in Mayfair, London
- Acted for Kaplan International Holdings on its acquisition of Osborne Books Limited which provides training materials for the Association of Accounting Technicians qualification
- Sale of Easypack Holdings Limited to Pregis, backed by Olympus Partners, a US private equity firm. Easypack was a family owned international company and is one of the largest paper based protective packaging companies in the UK using recycled paper
- Acted for affordable homes developer Pocket Living and its existing shareholders on the acquisition by The Related Companies, LP of 50 per cent of Pocket Living and associated shareholder arrangements
- Acted for Kaplan International Holdings on its acquisition of MPW TopCo Limited, the holding company of Mander Portman Woodward, one of the UK’s most prestigious and well-respected independent Sixth Form College Groups
- Sale of New Pictures Limited to All3Media. New Pictures is an internationally recognised TV production company whose productions have included The Missing and Indian Summers
Electronic signatures in the digital age: The Law Commission issues final Report
10th September, 2019
Advocating for change: a summary of The Law Society’s International Women in Law Report
12th August, 2019
Findings of the UK VC & Female Founders Report
24th April, 2019