Since MH established its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme in 2015, our aim has been to focus on engagement in the community near to our office in Central London, as well as supporting well-known national charities with fundraising initiatives.
The MH team had another busy year in 2019 taking part in and supporting a range of CSR activities. Here is our 2019 CSR round-up:
- We wrote and delivered more than 180 (birthday and Christmas) cards to older and/or isolated people in the Camden borough via the Keeping in Touch Scheme with Age UK Camden (http://www.ageuk.org.uk/camden/), an independent charity providing a range of services to help people stay active, stay connected and get the most out of life. Around 20 people were also involved in organising and hosting Easter and Christmas coffee mornings and Gadget Workshops at the Age UK Camden headquarters on Russell Square.
- One team member, often laden with contributions (food, clothing and toiletries) from other members of MH staff, has been helping out every week (come wind, rain or shine) at a food bank/kitchen near Charing Cross station run by Friends of Essex and London Homeless, an organisation providing food and clothing to the homeless.
- We completed the London Legal Walk (a 10km after-work walk around Central London) – our seventh consecutive year – and raised over £1,000 for the London Legal Support Trust, which provides support for free legal advice agencies in London and the South-East area.
- We mentored students and children (including from the College of Law and the University of Leicester, and through the charity GRIT (focussing on mental health issues in teenagers)) and gave up time to sit on school governing boards.
- We wore jeans and Christmas jumpers, baked cakes, ran marathons and half marathons and cut our hair (and many other things) to raise money for various charities including MacMillan Cancer Support, British Heart Foundation, Saint Francis Hospice and Save the Children.
Finally, as a team we have decided to support The Trussell Trust as the first MH Annual Charity. More good things to come for 2020 – Happy New Year!