Marriott Harrison continues to increase its international offering, focusing on key jurisdictions across all of its departments.
Below are some recent examples of Marriott Harrison’s international work:
The Corporate Department continues to advise on a large number of international transactions. This includes acting for:
- a UK subsidiary of a Croatian company in its share reorganisation and management share incentive arrangements.
- an African telecoms provider in its UK group reorganisation.
- a Swiss corporate administrator in the enforcement of certain rights against a BVI company with assets in the UK.
- a UK company in its further funding with US investors.
- a BVI company in its mezzanine financing from a South African investor.
- a Luxembourg company in its proposed funding of a new restaurant site in London.
- a US software LLC in its formation of a reseller subsidiary in the UK.
Commercial and Media
The Commercial and Media Department has advised:
- a number of lawyers in both Germany and the Netherlands, mainly advising on copyright and contractual issues affecting clients based in those jurisdictions in relation to their activities in the UK.
- The Nike Foundation in connection with its Girl Effect project in South Africa and in Ethiopia. This has involved advising on contracts and intellectual property matters.
- on the drafting of a manufacturing agreement for a US listed company with a Chinese manufacturer for carry cases and related accessories.
- on the drafting of a collaboration/joint venture agreement between an English hardware manufacturer that produces sound mixing consoles and an Israeli software vendor specialising in audio signal software solutions.
Managing Partner, Tony Morris, has recently sat on a panel of three arbitrators for the International Chamber of Commerce in relation to a high profile dispute between companies based in each of the Far East and the US over a technology project.
The MH Dispute Resolution Department has been representing:
- an Irish post-production film company in High Court litigation relating to a film internegative.
- a claimant in his action against his former business partner in the Netherlands with interests in Central and Eastern Europe.
The MH Real Estate Department has acted for:
- a Malaysian Bank based in Kuala Lumpur, on the provision of a Ringgit / Sterling facility to Malaysian investors acquiring property in Chelsea Creek, London.
Conferences and Events
- In October 2012 Duncan Innes and Peter Curnock attended the International Bar Association conference in Dublin, the world’s largest meeting of lawyers.
- In October 2012 Tony Morris and Jonathan Pearce attended MIPCOM (an international television industry conference) in Cannes.
- In January 2013 Tony Morris attended MIDEM (an international music industry festival). During the event Tony appeared on a panel of International Association of Entertainment Lawyers on licensing.