What Others Say
It is reassuring to work with a team that demonstrates such understanding of and engagement in our business. As a result, we have and will continue to turn to them for advice on many of our transactions.
Jonathan Gregory, Mobeus Equity Partners
We have retained Marriott Harrison on many occasions to act for us on AIM transactions because of their wealth of AIM experience, their partner-led approach and their ability to provide practical solutions to problems and sound advice on a cost-effective basis.
David Worlidge of Sanlam Securities UK Limited
Marriott Harrison has been able to devise smart solutions to complex commercial and legal issues which we’ve encountered both during the deal process and post investment. Additionally, they are a pleasure to work with even under great pressure at odd hours of the night, which helps the deal process immensely.
Karen McCormick, Director, Beringea LLP
They understand the art of good deal-making. Commercially aware but with sharp attention to detail.
Julian McIntyre, Founder, McIntyre Partners
- In relation to M&A lower mid-market: Marriott Harrison is recognised for its “broad practice representing a growing roster of entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses”. Its “sector experience includes media, technology and IT, marketing services and healthcare”. Clients say:“Unbelievably brilliant. They make an effort to understand the business and we had a consistent relationship with the personnel there”. “Very constructive and very sound. They also have complementary expertise in other departments.”“They go out of their way to make things straightforward.”
- Jon Sweet “handles a range of M&A, corporate finance and private equity transactions” and is described by clients as “a dedicated problem solver, capable of taking complex transactions and finding a clear route through.”
- In relation to Private Equity, Venture Capital: the firm’s venture capital practice has a “growing reputation in the venture space, representing a range of equity investors and companies” and is “experienced in the technology sector and acts on behalf of several online retailers.” Clients say it is “a very high-quality firm delivering high-quality advice.” Head of venture capital Andrew Wigfall receives strong endorsement from sources, who praise his “stellar venture practice” and recognise him as “one of the market leaders.” Clients appreciate his “commercial understanding and willingness to make sure we address the points which we’re most focused on.”
- Others ranked as leading individuals are Simon Charles (Capital Markets: AIM – “incredibly good at translating the legal speak into language we can understand” states one client, who adds: “You feel as though you are top of his list of priorities as he is so good at responding and being there when you need him.” Mark Lavers (Real Estate – one client comments: “The explanations and guidance he gives are very clear and commercial and the way he is able to steer us on not just legal terms but also what he sees generally in the market is incredibly helpful.” and Tamar Halevy (Litigation).
- In relation to M&A, Smaller Deals, up to £50m: Marriott Harrison is ranked as a Top Tier firm
- In relation to Venture Capital: ‘very sharp and experienced’ team head Andrew Wigfall has excellent traction with investor clients
- In relation to Real Estate Mark Lavers and Guy Hitchin are recommended and ‘very detail-focused’ consultant Vivienne Elson is noted