Our team of lawyers has extensive experience in the telecoms and mobile sector.
We advise clients in this sector on a range of regulatory, licensing, distribution, corporate, financing and property matters.
Our work covers advice in relation to mobile app development agreements, security implications surrounding Near Field Communications (NFC) and mobile payment technology, environmental regulations such as the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment regulations and other product safety related regulations. We can also assist in dealing with telecoms regulators including applications for spectrum licences, the Data Retention (EC) Regulations and complying with regulations specific to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology.
We have extensive experience advising on distribution agreements (including repair agreements), reseller agreements and software licences (including End User Licence Agreements), and advise on all aspects of procuring goods and services.
Our lawyers are experienced in assisting on a wide range of contentious matters including dealing with disputed invoices or service level disputes. We have certified mediators and arbitrators who can be appointed as independent mediators and arbitrators in a dispute or we can advise a party who is involved in a mediation or arbitration.
We can advise on networking and cabling agreements and our Real Estate team has experience in acting for a major international telecoms supplier in securing telecoms lease sites on buildings across the UK. In addition, our Real Estate lawyers have advised network operators on renewal and security of tenure rights under the Telecommunications Acts, Telecommunications Code and the Landlord and Tenant Acts.
We have extensive experience in advising clients in this sector on corporate acquisitions and disposals and equity and debt funding.
- Advising an ISP on an acquisition of a voice and data solutions provider and on a re-organisation of equity and debt with a bank
- Advising a services company on a sale to a leading broadband provider
- Advising a communications network provider on a leveraged acquisition of a satellite bandwidth provider to sub-Saharan Africa with senior and mezzanine debt from various banks
- Advising a communications network provider on an interconnect agreement with Skype and Global Crossing and a satellite capacity agreement with a satellite provider
- Advising the shareholders of Stoneburn Software Services Limited, a technology consulting and IT services firm and Google partner, on the sale of the company to Declarative Holdings Inc (trading as Cloud Sherpas)
- Acting for AIM-listed Nasstar plc on its reverse takeover of e-know.net, the hosted desktop cloud computing service provider
- Advising AIM-listed integrated VOIP provider Coms plc on its takeover of Redstone Converged Solutions Limited from Redstone plc