Marriott Harrison LLP has a long tradition of representing clients operating in the music industry.
We have in-depth experience of a broad range of industry related issues including the acquisition and disposal of catalogues of music publishing and sound recording rights, dealings with collection societies and the contractual and other legal aspects of touring and live performances. We regularly advise on recording, publishing, management and merchandising contracts. We advise both new and heritage artists on a range of matters and frequently work with lawyers in overseas jurisdictions on international music related issues.
The team works closely with the corporate team in relation to mergers and acquisitions and financing of music and other media organisations
- Contemporary musical acts in relation to management, recording, publishing, merchandise and endorsement agreements as well as LLP structuring and related matters. Current clients include: Charlie Simpson, Don Broco, While She Sleeps, Mallory Knox
- United Talent Agency on a variety of contractual and other general legal matters.
- Advising The Royal Northern College of Music with regard to its Northern Quarter record label that promotes the talent of its contemporary music students
- One Media Publishing, a leading digital aggregator, on a variety of catalogue and copyright issues.
- Niche music television channel, Vintage TV on a range of programming and rights matters
- Regularly advise a number of companies with regard to contractual and copyright matters including Phoenix Music International, Snapper, San Juan Music, Gonzo Distribution, BR Music (Netherlands), The Licensing Partnership, Delta Music (Germany) and Burning Girl Records