Technology touches on almost every aspect of what we all do in every day life.
As lawyers, we are required to keep up with the developments and ever changing face of technology.
Our services include:
Our corporate team provides specialist advice on a wide range of matters for technology businesses and their investors, ranging from founding the company and advising on shareholder and employee incentivisation arrangements, through to funding rounds, debt facilities, buying and selling companies and businesses and the eventual exit from the business, whether by way of trade sale or IPO. The team has many years’ experience and acts for a variety of investors, including some of the best known technology VCs in Europe, in addition to a wide range of technology businesses.
- Balderton Capital on a number of investments including Citymapper, Lifecake, Lyst, GoCardless and Carwow
- Accel Partners on a number of investments, including Calastone, Cambridge Broadband Networks and Funding Circle
- Causeway Media Partners in relation to the investment in Formula E Holdings
- Beringea on its investments in Utility Exchange Online, Big Data Partnership, Fjordnet, MatsSoft, Skills Matter
- Imaginatik Plc on various equity fundraisings by this AIM listed innovation and ideation provider with proprietary technologies
- Mobeus Equity Partners LLP (formerly Matrix Private Equity) on its investments in Digico (a consoles and mixing desk business), Tesella (a scientific consultancy business) Camwood (an IT services business), AppDNA (now Citrix, an IT software business)
- Nasstar plc on its AIM reverse takeover of e-know.net, cloud computing services provider
- Coms plc on its acquisition of telecoms infrastructure provider Redstone Converged Solutions Limited from Redstone plc, and various equity fundraisings
- Niu Solutions on its sale of Telinet, EVD and others to Daisy Communications
- Vinted in relation to its fundraising
- Teliqo on its equity and debt funding
- Stoneburn on sale to Cloudsherpas and subsequent commercial agreement in relation to Google Apps
Media, Technology & IP
We act for various clients in the areas of software development, escrow arrangements, licensing, maintenance and support agreements and Intellectual Property rights in software and data. The team advises on all forms of technology related agreements including licensing, development and maintenance arrangements, outsourcing projects, transitional services, managed technology and ASP services, consultancy, data centre construction and services provisions, disaster recovery and business continuity arrangements.
- Independent Transition Management Limited on pensions administration services outsourcing and/or software licensing and/or hosting with various pension providers
- String Labs Limited on its services and sublicensing arrangements regarding the development of an augmented reality mobile application
- Balderton Capital on various Balderton funds on their investments in technology, IT and web based business advising on all IT and associated intellectual property elements of businesses. Investments include: Citymapper, Lifecake, Lyst, GoCardless and Carwow
- Boticca.com on various IP matters
- Teliqo on various commercial agreements
- WhoSampled on various IP matters
- Virtual 1 on various commercial agreements
MH Real Estate
Tech Companies, especially start ups, look for as much cost certainty as possible in their lease whilst hoping for flexibility in terms of sharing their space with others and being able to break the lease early. Landlords do not always share the same goals and are concerned that the rents will be paid and the other Tenant’s covenants complied with and will often insist on rent deposits. Our Real Estate group is acting on a daily basis for Tenants negotiating their Leases, Licences to Alter and Rent Deposit Deeds and sometimes the Wayleaves that are required for their data lines. We charge a fixed fee for office lettings.
- The Trampery – property advice to this leading social enterprise space provider, including acting on their lease of new flagship space at Old Street, Shoreditch and Fish Island Village which will bring a new creative and technology development to London
- Metail – leases in New Loom House, Whitechapel and Cambridge
- Busuu’s – lease just off Silicon roundabout
- Iron Web – lease in Soho for this French ecommerce company
- Nasstar Plc – property due diligence on a data centre
- Coms Plc – lease of corporate headquarters in Stonechurch
- Yellow Digital – relocation advice to an expanding web designer
- Brandwidth – new leases in Holborn Town Hall for this brand management company
- New Bamboo – property relocation services to software developer
- Savoo – new lease in Clerkenwell for an online discounter
- Chargebox – new lease in Acton
- Cytori – new facility in Deeside
- Cloud Margin – strategic property advice
- digEcor – new lease in Hampshire for this in-flight entertainment provider
Our employment specialists regularly provide advice and assistance on a whole range of employment related issue to businesses and their investors. We tailor the advice to meet your needs and budget and we recognise the different life cycle of technology companies. We cover the whole range of employment needs, from employment agreements, HR policies and procedures, through to terminations and including down-sizing, if this becomes a business need.
MH Tech is a strong supporter of the start-up community, and is a proud sponsor of the Accelerator Academy programme.