Healthcare and Life Sciences
The team advises corporates as well as private equity and venture capital providers and their investee companies and management teams on all issues relating to the commercial aspects, finance, joint ventures and spin-outs in healthcare and life sciences (particularly biotechnology) sectors.
The corporate team is particularly active in this area for private equity and venture capital houses and corporates in a wide range of healthcare and health needs for businesses and individuals. The team works closely with our Real Estate department on related sale and lease back arrangements and opco/propco restructurings and alongside our employment and commercial and media department in respect of employment contracts and commercial and supplier agreements.
- Sovereign Capital on the MBO of Hunters Moor, a neurological rehabilitation business, providing advice in respect of the acquisition, investment and funding
- City and County Healthcare Group on several of their acquisitions, including the original buy and build platform by Sovereign Capital Partners in September 2009
- Sellers and shareholders of Roodlane Medical, the occupational health provider, on the sale to HCA International
- Selling shareholders of Finsbury Orthopaedics Limited, an orthopaedics company, on the share sale to DePuy for circa US%100m
- Select Living Options on its acquisition of Inclusion Care, a supported living and domiciliary care, primarily for adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs
- Cascade Care, the leading provider of community-based mental healthcare for adults, on various corporate and property matters
- Beringea on its investments in APM Healthcare, an independent pharmacy consultancy specialising in advice on the delivery of pharmacy service solutions
- Tracscare, a provider of diagnosis specific homes for adults, on various corporate matters
As well as advising on financings and joint venture type arrangements, the team advises on issues relating to the ownership, protection and exploitation of related intellectual property rights.
We also undertake arbitration work in this area and were recently involved in arbitration for Matrix Laboratories (India) with a Spanish manufacturer, involving a combination of a supply dispute.
- World Life Sciences (a listed investment fund specialising in biotech)
- EiRx Pharma (drug discovery and in-silico modelling)
- Syngenix (drug discovery)
- Fulcrum Pharma (pharmaceutical services)
- NovaBiotics (development of novel compounds)
- Ergomed (clinical research)
- PrimeVigilance (pharmacovigilance)