Simon is a corporate partner advising public and private companies, NOMADs, sponsors, brokers and private and institutional investors. He handles financings, restructurings, M&A, admissions to AIM and the Main Market, corporate governance and Financial Services & Markets Act issues including AIM and FCA investigations. Simon regularly advises companies and NOMADs on secondary equity issues and IPOs. He has a particular interest in software and technology and telecoms companies.
- Advising an AIM listed VOIP telecoms provider on acquisition and general commercial and corporate affairs
- Advising various US hedge funds on their rights as shareholders in English public companies
- Advising Cambridge Mineral Resources Plc on its open offer to shareholders
- Advising Nasstar Plc on its acquisitions of e-know.net Limited, Kamanchi Limited and the business and assets of Vesk Hosted Desktop LLP
- Advising RFC Ambrian Limited on an underwritten placing an open offer for North River Resources
- Acting for Stagecoach Theatre Arts Plc on its recommended offer by Encore Capital
Simon joined Marriott Harrison LLP in 2004 having previously worked in the London offices of two leading multinational law firms, Dechert and one of the predecessor firms to Dewey LeBoeuf. He has been a Main Market sponsor and NOMAD with Numis Securities and is rated in Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 as a noted practitioner in corporate finance law. He has been described by clients as ” A tough and effective negotiator” and “Hugely experienced, with a great blend of legal knowledge and commercial experience”. He serves as a non-executive director of innovative Isle of Man financial services and wealth business IOMA Group and of AIM quoted innovation enabler Imaginatik Plc. He has a particular expertise in directors’ duties and on shareholders’ rights.