Simon is the head of our corporate department. He is a senior corporate partner advising public and private companies, NOMADs, sponsors, brokers and private and institutional investors. He handles financings, restructurings, M&A, admissions to AIM and the Main Market, corporate governance and Financial Services & Markets Act issues including AIM and FCA investigations. Simon regularly advises companies and NOMADs on secondary equity issues and IPOs. He has a particular interest in resources and software and technology companies and is a regular contributor to the monthly AIM Journal.
Simon Charles, Partner
Related Practice Areas
Simon is rated in Chambers and Partners UK and The Legal 500 UK as a noted practitioner in corporate finance law. He has been described by clients as “A tough and effective negotiator” and “Hugely experienced, with a great blend of legal knowledge and commercial experience”.
- Advising AIM listed Imaginatik Plc
- Advising various US hedge funds on their rights as shareholders in English public companies
- Advising Cambridge Mineral Resources Plc on its open offer to shareholders
- Advising Nasstar Plc on its acquisitions of e-know.net Limited, Kamanchi Limited and the business and assets of Vesk Hosted Desktop LLP and of Modrus Limited
- Advising innovative fire retardant and suppressant technology provider Firescape Holdings Limited on its financing rounds
Articles by Simon Charles
Marriott Harrison LLP advises on secondary equity offering in Polarean Imaging Plc
July 12th, 2018
Marriott Harrison LLP advises on equity placing for redT energy Plc
April 19th, 2018
Marriott Harrison advises on reverse takeover and AIM re-admission of Eqtec Plc
January 9th, 2018