Jon heads up the corporate team. He is an experienced corporate lawyer focussing on M&A (public and private), private equity/venture capital and corporate finance. He acts for owner managers (and their businesses), corporates, financial institutions and management teams. He understands both sides of the argument. He is identified as a leading lawyer in Legal 500 and in Chambers where he is praised for his “great mind” and is described as “really responsive”, “a fantastic problem solver” and “very commercial and fun to work with”.
- Advised on the takeover of AIM quoted Coolabi Plc North Promotions, a company backed by Edge Performance VCT Plc, the subsequent acquisition of Working Partners and Beast Quest (packagers of children’s literary content), investment by Chrysalis VCT Plc and refinancing of bank facilities.
- Advised the management and institutional shareholders on the sale of Picturehouse Cinemas to Cineworld plc.
- Acted for Pocket Living Limited and management in relation to the sale of 50 percent of the share capital to The Related Companies, LP and associated options and shareholder arrangements
- Advised AIM quoted Cello Group Plc on the acquisitions of Mash Health Limited and IS Healthcare Limited.
- Advised the management and institutional shareholders on the sale of Eagle Rock Entertainment Group Limited to Universal Music Holdings Limited.
- Advised management and investors on the sale of Eyre Hotels Limited and Thurloe Hotels Limited to Star Hotels SpA.
- Advised the sellers on the sale of Compliance Technologies International, LLP to Markit CTI Holdings LLC.
- Acted for Intent HQ Limited on a restructuring of debt and equity investments by management and institutional investors.
- Acted for Mirriad Advertising Limited on a demerger of the business and assets of Mirriad Limited and new investment into Mirriad Advertising led by IP2IPO Limited
- Acted for Kaplan International on its acquisitions of Osborne Books and Mander Portman Woodward
Jon joined Marriott Harrison as a Partner in 1993. He trained and spent 10 years at Slaughter and May (including two years in Hong Kong).