Hugh is an experienced corporate lawyer, with particular focus on banking (including mezzanine finance), restructuring and refinancing, venture and development capital, private equity buy-outs, joint ventures, M&A and disposals. Hugh has acted for a broad range of clients, including institutional finance providers, companies and management teams in a range of industry sectors.
- Advising on debt financing and refinancing work, including for Bank of Ireland involving worldwide music copyright assets and for private equity investee borrowers most recently in the leisure/restaurant, property and IT/technology sectors
- Advising on equity financing and related transactions in the natural resources and renewables sector, with Investec and McIntyre Partners, Iona Environmental, Land Energy, Climate Energy and others
- Acting on various telecom/managed software transactions, including the acquisition by Gateway Communications of Link Africa from Celtel, the acquisition of Telinet and EVD and their subsequent disposal to Daisy Communications by Niu Solutions
- Advising on various IT, corporate, outsourcing and software licensing transactions for ITM, Technical Indexes and others
- Acting on various confidential life science corporate transactions.
Hugh joined Marriott Harrison LLP as a partner in 2004 and has previously worked at Coudert Brothers (2003 to 2004), Pinsents (1995 to 2004), Penningtons (1988 to 1995) and trained at Field Fisher Waterhouse.