Eesheta is an experienced IP & IT lawyer. She specialises in all aspects of intellectual property law, data protection and privacy, and information technology law.
Eesheta’s experience includes the creation and implementation of effective IP strategies for companies and individuals, from large brand owners to SMEs and start-ups across a wide range of industries. She has, in particular, worked extensively with companies in the technology, e-commerce, fashion and retail sectors. She has acted as brand custodian for two of the largest technology companies in the world, protecting and enforcing their brands in the UK.
Eesheta’s practice also covers advising companies on the exploitation of their IP, on data protection and privacy issues and in relation to their IT contracts. She spends a large part of her time drafting and negotiating IP and IT-related commercial agreements, including technology (patent and know-how) licences, software licences and software development agreements.
- Acting as trade mark counsel to several FTSE 100 companies (involving routine clearance, filing, prosecution and enforcement work, general day-to-day management of trade mark portfolios and domain name dispute work)
- Advising companies on all intellectual property aspects relating to their new inventions (from legal and practical measures to adopt to keep the invention secret, to protection, to exploitation)
- Acting for various companies in bringing together a consortium of providers of technology to provide a service to consumers
- Acting for lenders on the intellectual property aspects of their secured loans to IP rich companies
- Acting for venture capital firms on the intellectual property aspects of their investments in technology and other companies
Eesheta joined Marriott Harrison as a consultant in 2015. She was formally a partner at Nabarro LLP where she trained and worked as a member of the IP & IT team for over 12 years.