Ben has experience in a broad range of corporate and general company law matters, including M&A, private equity, venture capital and public market transactions, including IPOs and secondary offerings. He regularly acts for management teams, corporations and institutional investors, which include start-ups to multi-billion dollar funds.
Ben has experience in a number of sectors including solar, retail, media and technology and has advised on a number of transactions where there is an international element.
Ben has also worked on secondment as legal counsel for both Balderton Capital, Europe’s largest focused venture fund, and Accel Partners, a leading early and growth-stage VC.
Ben sits on the board of the Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain.
- Advised the shareholders in the disposal of Finsbury (Orthopaedics) Limited to a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson for circa $100m
- Acted for the shareholders of IT company ChangeBase on the disposal to Quest Software (UK)
- Acted for the shareholders of Vine Farm Solar Wendy Limited in the sale of the rights to one of the largest solar farms in the UK (over 45mw) to German-based, Solarpark COBB GmbH
- Acted for the shareholders of DM London Limited (now The Watch Gallery Limited) in the sale of online watch retainer, The Watch Hut, to Aurum-backed, Watch Shop
- Acted for the shareholders of The Agency Group Limited in the sale of the company to US-based United Talent Agency
- Acts for a leading international mechanical and electrical engineering consultancy company in general corporate matters including on its corporate acquisitions
- Advised a number of public companies on their IPOs and secondary offerings, including the IPO on AIM of The Fulham Shore Plc
Ben joined Marriott Harrison LLP as an associate in 2006 from Rooks Rider Solicitors.