Andrew is a corporate partner advising on corporate and capital market transactions, both debt and equity with experience of listings on the major stock markets around the world. He deals with public and private company matters handling admissions, structuring, restructuring, financing, acquisitions, disposals and investment all from a UK and international perspective.
- Restructuring a private shipping group owned through Liberia, Hong Kong and Isle of Man
- IPO of Isle of Man based farming and agricultural business
- Financing work for Asian based sovereign power and infrastructure projects
- Acquisition by Irish private travel business of UK based tour operator
- Numerous appointments for London stockbrokers in client IPO’s and seconding raising on various markets
- Listing on Irish Stock Exchange GEM market of bonds secured by life settlement policies
- Small corporate bond programme for City stockbroker listing on ISDX
In addition to his experience as a lawyer, he spent a number of years with City corporate stockbroker Peel Hunt where he was both a sponsor to the Main Market and a nomad for AIM. Prior to joining Marriott Harrison, Andrew, in addition to his legal practice, spent 11 years accredited through the FCA as the CF1 responsible for the corporate finance activities of his firm including approval of financial promotions and advising on the regulatory aspects of collective and non-collective investment schemes and other FSMA related corporate finance matters.
Andrew Williamson is recognised by Legal 500 UK 2016 as a recommended lawyer and describes him as ‘the commercially aware Andrew Williamson’