Our Summer Vacation Scheme is an excellent way to discover whether working for a specialist corporate law firm is for you. You will be involved in real project work from all of our departments and get to see what it is like to make a genuine contribution to live transactions.
The Scheme is not only your chance to gain valuable work experience, but it is also our chance to gauge whether you may have the character and ability to be a successful trainee solicitor here. At present we recruit all our trainees from participants on our Vacation Scheme.
The Scheme typically runs from June to August, with each participant spending a week with the firm.
We look for:
- a strong academic background (2:1 degree or above)
- a common sense approach
- an ability to work well in closely-knit teams
- ambition and self-motivation
- Please apply by sending by email your CV with a short covering letter to Liz Arscott Please can you submit your application in a Word format.
- The closing date for application is 31st March, each year.
- Your application should state your reasons for applying together with any other information you feel is useful to help us to assess your application.
- Please include your availability during June, July, and August.
- Shortlisted applications will be contacted in April for a short telephone interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email during May.
- Following your placement, a shortlist of candidates will be selected for a final interview with two of our partners.
- Trainee recruitment is generally one year in advance.
Applicants should note that Scheme participation is unpaid. However we will cover all reasonable travel costs. Marriott Harrison will contribute to successful applicants’ LPC fees (although not retrospectively).
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received and the number of participants involved in the Vacation Scheme, we are unable to provide individual feedback or references.